Wednesday 9 January 2013

What Does Your Jobs Say About You?



Hiya Peeps,
My friends and I are the type of people that have to sell our time in exchange for a wage. So we have often discussed what we would do if we won the lottery. As well as what we would be willing into do if we were really down on our luck. A topic that I believe is particularly poignant at this time of year.

 We understand as a society that when you have a talent or a skill that can be used to make a living in what is deemed a legitimate business you are less likely to end up working in an industry that society deems less desirable for example the sex industry, street pharmaceuticals or any thing ilegal.  Legitimacy is what makes us seemingly rational lots spend money that we do not have on an education and networking. We spend money on prep schools, followed up by fraudulently giving grannies address just so little Ruby/ Alfie can go to that particular school, college and then university In an effort to get our kids mixing with a certain kind of families and gaining the skills of legitimacy.


The wheels of class separation caused by material wealth ensure the distance between the have something’s and the have much less group is easily distinguished.We all tend to get super judgemental when analyzing a person’s means of employment.  But let’s face it not all of us can be doctors, lawyers and analysts some of us will be fast food, supermarket, and refuse collection workers. During my time at university I had a cleaning job and it saved my ass more than once. But I also know that some of the people in my social circle made me feel bad for taking the job and the people that I worked for treated me badly which made a nice little gig awful. It was if it meant brandishing a mop meant you had zero intelligence.  Many of the people that I saw daily at work failed to even acknowledge my presence and often did disgusting things with the expectation that I would deal with it and all for minimum wage.  So I really understand why some people are like hell no, give me a pole or maybe I will just juggle some weed till things improve. I think most of us have as must principles as our situation allows. The vast majority of us in a bind would do what we had to.
 

People at all levels of society commit crime but we seem to only scorn those at the lower end of the scale. For example housing benefit thieves will be punished to the full extent of the law. While civil servants who clearly abuse the expenses system and use public money inappropriately to clean their moat do not even loose their jobs.  Where is the justice?

Please comment




No comments:

Post a Comment